Updated: 15 March, 2023
1. Personal DataPersonal Data means any information you submitted to BackupMaster that identifies you individually. BackupMaster will process the following Personal Data you provide to BackupMaster while visiting the backupmaster.io website, contacting BackupMaster customer support service, setting up your BackupMaster Service user account, or using BackupMaster cloud-based Service via the BackupMaster app user interface:
- name and surname
- job title
- name of organization
- phone number
- email address
- IP address
2.1. Processing for the purpose of contract performance and fulfillment of legal obligationsCustomers contract using BackupMaster Service and give access to their employees and other third parties, as solely decided by them, by creating users who access BackupMaster Service with their email addresses and credentials. BackupMaster provides customers with its Service in accordance with the terms and conditions of the BackupMaster Terms of Service, accessible at https://backupmaster.io/terms. Please note that under the contract, you may receive emails with technical and operational notices regarding the BackupMaster Service functionality. These notices are part of BackupMaster’s communication with you as a party to the contract. The purpose and legal basis of the processing of your Personal Data, in this case, therefore, involves the performance of the BackupMaster Service contract. Such emails do not constitute “direct marketing,” and you may not opt-out of them. The legal basis for processing, in this case, is Art. 6(1)(b) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“General Data Protection Regulation”). BackupMaster also needs to process this kind of Personal Data to fulfill its other legal duties. Under several laws (e.g., tax and accounting laws), BackupMaster has to process Personal Data stipulated above. The legal basis, in this case, is Art. 6(1)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
2.2. Processing of Personal Data from requests to BackupMaster customer support serviceWhen you contact BackupMaster customer support service, BackupMaster may use the provided Personal Data for mutual communication and pre-contractual negotiations. By contacting BackupMaster customer support service, you agree to further cooperation based on mutual communication and that your Personal Data will be processed on the basis of fulfillment of contractual obligations under Art. (6)(1)(b) of General Data Protection Regulation. Otherwise, BackupMaster will only process personal data for the purposes of dealing with your inquiries and requests based on the legitimate interest of ensuring mutual communication under Art. (6)(1)(f) of General Data Protection Regulation. BackupMaster may also collect information when you open email messages from BackupMaster customer support service or click on links within those email messages.
2.3. Tracking website and in-app activityBackupMaster will track your activity at the backupmaster.io website and through BackupMaster cloud-based Service in order to improve the efficiency of BackupMaster user support in the event you need any help or advice on using BackupMaster Service and to be able to provide Service. BackupMaster tracks user activity and behavior at backupmaster.io, and through BackupMaster cloud-based Service every time you access the website and use BackupMaster Service, and analyzes product adoption and product usage statistics using automated means. This data are used to provide user support if you need any help or advice during usage of the BackupMaster cloud-based Service. The legal basis for processing, in this case, is BackupMaster’s legitimate interest under Art. 6(1)(f) of General Data Protection Regulation which consists of securing suitable communication between us and also the performance of a contract to which you are a party under Art. 6(1)(b). As you agreed with terms and conditions, BackupMaster committed to providing Service, including support, for this reason, BackupMaster processes the above-mentioned information. Thus, BackupMaster may record your activity and use other tools because it is necessary for the purposes of providing an information service that is specifically requested by you.
2.4. Anonymous browsing informationBackupMaster.io uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by its servers primarily to help it administer and improve its website. BackupMaster collects information when your visit the backupmaster.io website and use BackupMaster cloud-based Service through cookies and similar tracking technology. This information is not personally identifiable and includes:
- access times
- the pages you view
- the links you click on
- the search terms you enter
- actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- your device information such as IP address, location, browser type, and language
- the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and
- the URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
2.6. Choice/Opt-OutIn order to provide Service to you, BackupMaster will send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of its website. From time to time, BackupMaster may also wish to send you other messages or updates about BackupMaster, or its promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/security-related communications from BackupMaster, please send an email containing your request to customer service email@example.com. Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, BackupMaster may still communicate with you in connection with security and privacy issues, servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate.
3. Personal Data protectionBackupMaster is committed to protecting the security of all Personal Data collected and used. BackupMaster maintains industry-standard technical, physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard Personal Data. All Personal Data is encrypted at rest and in transit. BackupMaster restricts authorized access to your Personal Data to those persons who have a legitimate purpose of knowing that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception. BackupMaster’s Service and data are hosted on Microsoft Azure Data Centre in South Central US. BackupMaster regularly performs security and risk assessments on Microsoft’s security and privacy controls and reviews Microsoft’s security and compliance documentation to ensure Microsoft Azure security controls are in line with industry-standard best practices. Full details of the Microsoft Azure Data Centre security controls can be found here: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/data-privacy-notice You can find additional information regarding BackupMaster’s security practices for Personal Data protection by visiting the BackupMaster Security Policy page and reviewing any applicable security resources.
4. Sub-processorsBackupMaster uses third parties to help provide BackupMaster services and manage business operations. These sub-processors may have access to your Personal Data as collected by backupmaster.io or through using BackupMaster cloud-based Service, as reasonably necessary to perform the tasks on BackupMaster’s behalf. BackupMaster obtains data processing agreements based on Standard contractual clauses and assesses third parties on their security and privacy practices to ensure that Personal Data is only used to deliver the contracted services to BackupMaster, to prohibit them from selling it and not to disclose it without BackupMaster’s knowledge and permission. A list of BackupMaster’s sub-processors can be found here: Sub-processors.
5. Personal data disclosureBackupMaster does not provide Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. BackupMaster may use unaffiliated companies to help it maintain and operate its website or for other reasons related to the operation of its business, and those companies may receive your Personal Data for that purpose. BackupMaster does not sell your information to any third party. Finally, as the BackupMaster business develops, it may sell or buy corporate assets, and in such transactions, the customer’s Personal Data may be one of the transferred business assets. If BackupMaster, its internet businesses, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, the customer’s Personal Data may be one of the assets transferred.
6. Legal disclosuresBackupMaster may need to disclose Personal Data to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and legal processes, including responding to lawful requests from public and governmental authorities and court orders. BackupMaster attempt to notify our clients about legal demands for their Personal Data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
8. Children’s PrivacyTHE BACKUPMASTER.IO WEBSITE AND THE BACKUPMASTER CLOUD-BASED SERVICE ARE NOT INTENDED FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13 IF THEY RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR 16 IF THEY RESIDE ANYWHERE ELSE. BackupMaster will not approve applications of or establish or maintain accounts or memberships for any child whom BackupMaster knows to be under the age of 13 if they reside in the US or 16 if they reside anywhere else. BackupMaster.io does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 if they reside in the US or 16 if they reside anywhere else. If BackupMaster nevertheless discovers that it has received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom BackupMaster otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13 if they reside in the US or 16 if they reside anywhere else, BackupMaster will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from BackupMaster’s files by emailing customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Your Personal Data protection rightsBackupMaster would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your Personal Data protection rights. Every user of BackupMaster’s Service and every visitor of the backupmaster.io website is entitled to the following:
- The right to access. You have the right to request BackupMaster for copies of your Personal Data.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that BackupMaster correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request BackupMaster to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request that BackupMaster erase your Personal Data, under certain conditions (please see BackupMaster Data Processing Addendum).
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that BackupMaster restrict the processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions (regarding the use of BackupBaster Service, please see BackupMaster Terms of Service).
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to BackupMaster’s processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions (regarding the use of BackupMaster Service, please see BackupMaster Terms of Service).
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that BackupMaster transfer your Personal Data that we have collected to another organization or directly to you. We may charge you a fee for this service.